For 4 persons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut half and sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cubed
- 1 lb tomato, remove the stem, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2½ cup of water
- 1 teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoons dry Thyme
- 2 tablespoons basil for garnish, chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- Your favorite chili powder of PepperukoHK, ½ tablespoon (more or less to taste)
Heat the olive oil in a large pot, add the carrot and onion, some salt and black pepper, fry until soft, around 3-5 mins.
Add the tomato paste, turn down the firepower slightly and keep stir fry(around 2 mins). Let the vegetables are wrapped in tomato paste, and the color of paste will change dark.
Increase firepower, add the tomato and dry Thyme, cook around 10-15 mins.
Pour in the water, chili powder and sugar, to boil. Adjust the firepower and cook 5-10 more mins.
Scatter the chopped basil leaves on top.
Tips: You can add 1 cup water and 1 cup cream in the last step to be a Spicy Tomato Cream Soup!