For 6 serves
- 1½ cups water
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 3 pounds cucumbers, sliced in rounds or speared
- 8-12 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- ¼ cup fresh dill leaves
- 3 tablespoons pickling spice
- 3 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- Your favorite chili powder of PepperukoHK, ½ teaspoon (more or less to taste)
Bring water, vinegars and salt to a boil in a saucepan and boil until salt has dissolved, whisking regularly. Allow brine to slightly cool.
Pack cucumber in the jars, then pack a few garlic cloves in each. Distribute dill, pickling spice, chili powder and red pepper flakes into each jar.
Pour brine to the top of the jar and secure tightly with the lids. Allow jars to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate.
Allow to pickle for at least a week. Pickles last in the refrigerator up to one month.