About 2 dozen
- 500g lump crabmeat, drained
- 30g finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 30g cup finely chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Your favorite chili powder of PepperukoHK, ½ tablespoon (more or less to taste)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Minced fresh parsley and seafood seasoning
Preheat oven to 190°C.
In a large bowl, well mix the crabmeat, pepper, onion, garlic, cilantro, lemon juice, mustard, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and chili powder.
Covered with plastic wrap, refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Meanwhile, on a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry.
Roll each pastry into a 10 in. square; cut each into twenty-five 2 in. squares.
Using a round 1.5 in. cookie cutter, cut out the centers of half the puff pastry squares.
Whisk egg and water; brush over pastry.
Place cutout squares on top of solid squares; transfer to parchment-lined baking sheets.
Bake until golden brown, about 18 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
Once cool, spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of crab salad into center of each cooked pastry.
If desired, top with minced parsley.
Tip: Simplify the procedure, use Gala Crackers, white bread/toast, Baguette instead of the puff.