For 4 persons
- 4 lbs mussels, remove the bread and scrubbed clean
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomato, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 green ball pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup of fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Your favorite chili powder of PepperukoHK, 1 tablespoon (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt and black pepper (more or less to taste)
- 12 oz light beer
- 1 baguette, sliced and toast
- Lemon wedges
Heat the oil in a large pot over high heat. Add the onion, garlic, stirring, until softened.
Add the cumin and chili powder, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper. Cook around 4 mins.
Pour in the beer and bring to a boil.
Add the mussels and basil, and cover the pot immediately.
Occasionally shaking the pot, until all mussels are opened, around 6 mins.
Serve with lemon wedges and toasted baguette for soaking up the cooking broth.