For 4 persons
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 130g carrots, shredded
- 130g celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 16oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500ml chicken broth
- 250ml water
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Your favorite chili powder of PepperukoHK, 1 tablespoon (more or less to taste)
- Chopped cilantro
- Lime wedge
- Sliced Avocado
In a large soup pot, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots, celery, often stirring, until the vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
Add minced garlic cloves, crushed red pepper flakes, and sauté about 30 seconds, until garlic is just fragrant.
Place chicken breast on top of vegetables and season with cumin, salt and pepper to taste.
Add tomato paste and crushed tomatoes, chicken broth and water to the pot. Cover the pot and let cook on medium-low for 30-40 minutes.
Remove the chicken from the pot and using two forks, break the chicken apart and into shreds.
Place the chicken back into the pot and add the chili powder.
To serve, onside the lime wedge, top with cilantro and avocado.