For 4 persons
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 32g all-purpose flour
- 1000 ml chicken broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, cut
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz. Chorizo sausage, sliced into 1/2″ pieces
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Your favorite chili powder of PepperukoHK, 1 teaspoon (more or less to taste)
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- cooked white rice, for serving
In a large, deep skillet over medium-low heat, melt butter, then add flour. Cook, stirring constantly, until dark caramel colored, about 10 minutes.
Add onions, green bell pepper, celery, and stir until softened, about 5 minutes more.
Stir in garlic and sausage, then season with chili powder, salt and pepper.
Stir in bay leaf, tomatoes, and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour.
In the last 10 minutes of cooking, add shrimp. Once shrimp is pink and cooked through, taste and adjust seasonings. Stir in green onions, reserving some for garnish.
Serve spooned on top of white rice.