18 -20 cookies
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Your favorite chili powder of PepperukoHK, ½ tablespoon (more or less to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup Dutch processed cocoa plus 2 tablespoons
- ½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped Lindt EXCELLENCE Chili dark chocolate
Preheat oven to 180°C.Put a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
Mix all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa, chili powder, and cinnamon in a bowl. Set aside.
With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth.
Add in egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
Gradually add flour mixture and beat until just combined.
Stir in the chili chocolate chunks.
Scoop the dough into rounded tablespoons and place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are set, but still soft in the center. Don’t overbake.
Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 3 minutes.
Move to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Note-store cookies in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Recipes and photo from: The Two Peas & Their Pod