For 4 persons
- 45 g unsalted butter
- 6-7 Large carrots, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- ½ Tablespoon minced ginger
- 1-2 Bay leaves
- 2 Cups water
- 2 Cups chicken/vegetable stock
- 1 Teaspoon salt(more or less to taste)
- Your favorite chili powder of PepperukoHK, ½ tablespoon (more or less to taste)
- Chopped parsley and sour cream for garnish (optional)
Heat the big pot over medium heat. Melt the butter and put carrots and onion, keep stirring around 8-10 mins.
Add stock, water and ginger into pot. Cover and cook for 20 mins.
Take out the bay leaves.
Pour the soup into the blender, blend until smooth and creamy.
*Beware the soup is HOT and fill only third full of blender.
*Keep pressing down the cover of the blender to keep it from popping off.
Add salt and chili powder to taste.
Chopped parsley and sour cream for garnish.
Source and photo: Internet