For 4 persons
- 1 kg lamb fillet, pat it dry and cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrot, cut in pieces
- ½ hand of celery, remove the tough, pare off the strings, cut in pieces
- Red, yellow, green bell pepper, one each, deseeded and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 300 ml sweet sherry wine
- 300 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Your favorite chili powder of PepperuKoHK, ½ teaspoon (more or less to taste)
- Some chopped parsley
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large casserole pan with a high heat.
Fried the lamb, until the surface appears brown, no need to fully cook.
Remove the lamb, set a side.
Turn to medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, cook the carrot and celery around 5 mins.
Add the bell pepper, onion and garlic, cook 5 more mins until all the vegetable are softened.
Add the sweet sherry wine, bring to a bit boil.
Put back all the lamb in the pan.
Add stock, red wine vinegar, brown sugar, slat, pepper and chili pepper, stir and mix all ingredients.
Turn to low heat and cover the pan, cook it slowly around 1.5 hours, stir often.
After 1.5 hours cooking, remove the cover, keep cooking 30 mins to reduce the sauce.
Sprinkle chopped parsley when serve.