For 6-8 persons
- 1 large eggplant, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 800g can tomatoes, crushed
- 2 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 40g fresh basil leaves, chopped, plus more torn leaves for serving
- 30g grated Parmesan
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Your favorite chili powder of PepperukoHK, ½ tablespoon (more or less to taste)
Preheat the oven to 230°C.
Put 2 tablespoons olive oil and the garlic in a large skillet and place over medium heat.
When the garlic sizzles and its edges start to brown, add the can tomatoes, chili powder and salt.
Bring to a simmer and keep cooking, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens, about 10 mins.
Mix with the chopped basil and set a side.
Sprinkle both sides of the eggplant slices with salt.
Brush 2 tablespoons olive oil in sheet pan.
Place the eggplant on the sheet pan in a single layer, top with the tomato sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan.
Bake until the cheese are browned, around 25 mins.
Top with chopped basil before serving.